Friday, March 5, 2010

What Happened?

Okay, So I have a question? Why is it you work on a project all super excited, get three quarters of the way through, and then slow way the hell down? Let's, for example, take into account my Grandma's Riding Coat (raveled). I started this coat with a passion. I knit the back, left front, and right front in record speed (okay forget the fact that it's all garter stitch, it was still record speed). Literally about 4 days for all those pieces and .... yes, there's an "and" I managed to seam all those pieces together.

Now it was time to work on the sleeves. It's been 4 days and I still only have half the sleeves done. It's not that I don't want to finish the project, trust you me I really do! But, I can't seem to knit more than few rows a day on these sleeves, and it's annoying the living day lights out of me.

I am a combination between a process and product knitter, a hybrid if such a thing exists. For example, carrying the needles is like therapy to me. I love the process of knitting and it's a lot cheaper than a shrink (well, maybe not... I do love yarn! Lol). But.... You get my point. However, this doesn't mean that I knit just to knit. NOPE! I love, love, love having a FO (that's Finished Object for any non-knitters out there). It's like being healed by a great therapist... lol. I've gone to the sessions, layed on the couch, spewed my feelings into the stitches, and now I have a great object to show for it. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I shall continue to work on these sleeves stitch by stitch and hope to God that they don't take me too much longer because I'm longing for an FO and for this therapy session to be over... :o)

That's it for now... thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. You are a great granddaugter! Can I adopt you so you can knit me that riding coat? To much hand knitting for me. I'll stick with gloves and socks and I only knit for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you. You can adopt me... I have no issues although you might have to deal with my grandmother... :o)

    ReplyDelete