Thursday, March 25, 2010

Open Heart...

Today, my father had open heart surgery. If you're shocked, join the club because if you ever saw my father, you would never guess that there was anything wrong with him. It began on Friday night, when my father had trouble breathing and had broken into a cold sweat. He, being a man, of course refused to go the hospital stating that he was fine. But on Saturday I insisted he go and on Sunday he was admitted. When he did a cath. it revealed what none of us would have at all expected, 5 blocked arteries 3 of which were closed 80% or more. After talking to the doctors, it was revealed to us that my father had been admitted to the hospital with acute heart failure and that he must have had at least 10 silent heart attacks, they were silent because the diabetes made them that way and that his operation was considered High Risk with a 25% chance of failure.

My father had open heart surgery today and it was successful, thank you God! I share my father's recent medical history because I wish that all of you out there take great care of yourselves and don't wait on yourselves. Get checked and make sure you are okay because what's more important than health? May you never be put in a position where you have to hear that you or a loved one may lose his or her life because they didn't take the time to check themselves out.

3 comments:

  1. Alhamdulillah it was successful! You and your family are in my prayers. I hope that other situation has been resolved too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish, but it's still ongoing and has been postponed yet again until April 11th. Thank you for the prayers... :o) Insh'Allah all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father in law had a heart attack 2 years ago, also out of the blue, with no indication that he even had a problem. He is on medication now and has heart disease, but hasnt had open heart surgery. It's very difficult, though, so I can try to imagine how hard it must be for all of you!
    Inshaallah your dad will overcome this.
    You're right, health is something we raduly take advantage of and abuse. :(

    ReplyDelete