Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just What I Needed!

Oh you guys,
I can't tell you how much I LOVED making the Easy Baby Cardigan by Diane Soucy. It was fan-freakin-tastic to make and can I tell you that I loved the end result! Are you dying to see it? Come on, I know you are!
Okay here it is, my Easy Baby Cardigan for Ghassan (my sister-in-law's soon to be little one) in a gorgeous, let me repeat that, GORGEOUS peridot green.

Note: I have to apologize for the quality of the pics, they're from the webcam as I lent my camera out and of course now it's no longer working....

Ghassan Jacket1

Honestly guys, I cannot tell you how gorgeous this color is! It's luscious and lovely and well I just can't say enough and the pictures just don't say enough!

Okay, now let's get into the details of this little sucker.
First, the original pattern calls for a garter stitch border, but I wasn't feeling that. I went ahead and changed my border to a lovely seed stitch border. I just love seed stitch, something about it just makes me happy. Now, I know there are those of you who don't feel the same way, but for me there's something soothing about knitting and purling, and knitting and purling, and knitting... and well you get my drift.

Seed Stitch

Can you see the magic of the seed stitch... Ahhhhhh, it makes me happy even in a crappy picture!

I also chose to go ahead and attach 2 I-cords for ties right at the neck.

Ghassan Jacket2

Now, I wanted to make another set of ties a little further down, but my mother-in-law insisted that one at the base of the hood would be enough; however, I have to be honest and say that I think my sister-in-law is going to request another set of ties because well, it just makes sense, at least to me!

Can I tell you guys, this was just the project I needed. I've been down and out lately and while I'm not out of the woods, this renewed life into my knitting. It was incredibly soothing and not at all stressful and I have to tell you it helped bring my knitting mojo back, which is great because I really need to keep my mind and hands busy with something otherwise, if I sit and think about the problems at hand, I might just go crazy!!!!!!!

Well, I guess that's it for now, I have to go and contemplate what my next project will be. I'm not sure I want to go ahead and pick up the Featherweight Cardi just yet. I'm thinking I might make this cropped jacket from the 2009 fall issue of Vogue Knitting

Cropped Jacket

Isn't it purty! If you have any ideas, let me know! 'Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment