Friday, January 7, 2011

So Much to Do...

Since I've decided to take on designing my own pieces, there have been so many knitting project going on. For one, I have testers knitting up the first design, the Hugs and Kisses Cardigan (Rav. Link). There have been a few mistakes in the pattern, but for the first time, nothing too major I hope. Secondly, my mom actually asked me to knit her something. This was a shock to me because generally she hates when I knit in front of her. Not because she thinks I'm doing something unproductive, but she feels that it can be construed as rude when I'm sitting with her and knitting because I'm not giving her complete eye contact. It's not a big deal, but the request for a knit did come as a shock. So, when I asked her what she would like she, of course, picked the biggest garment I've knit to date... lol Go figure! So, what is this mystery knit. It's the #10 Welted Coat by Irina Shabayeva from the Fall 2010 issue of Vogue Knitting.
vkf10_10d_medium2
So, I've been knitting this in Knitpicks Suri Dream in the natural color (her choice). The fabric is definitely lighter than that shown in the picture, but it's looking great and it's almost done! However, I don't think that's because I'm a speed knitter or anything, trust me I'm not, but rather I think it has to do with the fact that it's knit on size US 11 needles, which helps ever so slightly.
Finally, I'm still designing away and will have some sneak peaks of a new pullover design soon. (yay!) Oh, and stay tuned for the Hugs and Kisses pattern to go live soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment